MIDI File Accompaniments for the Mass - Some Pointers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MIDI File Accompaniments for the Mass - Some Pointers

tingin ko po mas maganda ung MIDI accompaniment bukpd sa maganda ung tunog nakakatuwa kumanta
    Paul William L. Paredes
    09154150914 | pewee1993@yahoo.com

Comment

• Borthers in christ, please help me find a piano chord sheet of a light of a million mornings

or midi file of a light of a million mornings
      Last edited by Alexander; 12.01.30, 12:51 PM. Reason: consecutive posts

Comment

paul22, hindi po dito ang proper forum para po mag request. Please take time to read our Rules and Regulations, gayun din po ang Guidelines sa bawat forum.

If you have questions, please click the link on my signature, "Newbies Questions". Thanks
        I am not who you think I am because I do not pretend to be somebody.
        Do not assume that I know everything because I am a nobody - Alexander

Comment

Though, hindi ba pag Sundays, ito iyong dapat engrande ang celebration since this is the Lord's Day? Except for a capella songs, hindi maiwasan na gumamit ng midi lalo na kung walang organista. Parang ang hirap kumanta ng "Papuri sa Diyos" na a capella, dba? Like iba pa rin pag may kasabay na tugtog or midi.

I agree that using midi files would deter others from learning how to play the real instruments. Plus, for me, you don't get to convey the proper mood of the songs to the congregation if we are confined to using midi files, like being confined to a box. kasi no or little experimentation ang pwedeng magawa. For example, ako, as an organist, gusto ko i-feel iyong message ng isang solemn na kanta. I can do better if I play it rather than sing it with a midi.
          Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. - Proverbs 16:3

Comment

MS 67

67. It is highly desirable that organists and other musicians should not only possess the skill to play properly the instrument entrusted to them: they should also enter into and be thoroughly aware of the spirit of the Liturgy, so that even when playing ex tempore, they will enrich the sacred celebration according to the true nature of each of its parts, and encourage the participation of the faithful.

3 Things:

A MIDI cannot be made "thoroughly aware of the spirit of the Liturgy" so they cannot be relied on to add or contribute to the "spirit of the Liturgy".

It is not an excuse to use MIDI if there is no instrumentalist. I posted before that I've witnessed a choir sing very lively in unison acapella just before their guitarist arrived. Even a cantor can lead in singing kung walang instrumentalist, or the least is do the liturgy without the singing than make an artificial music for worship.

Lastly, the parish should encourage the faithful to call upon talented individuals to serve especially the musicians. If not, they can train people to do so, lalo na kung interested and willing to learn and serve ang isang parishioner.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Para sakin, kung wala naman organista ok lang po . . . like sa choir namin bihira may organista kc may work xa sa manila kaya weekend lang nakakauwi . . . malaki tulong sa amin ng midi.

Comment

What about guitarist? Kailangan po ba na organist lang sa Parish ninyo?

Comment

nakakatulong po talaga ang midi's, sa katulad po naming dadalawa nalang sa choir sa isang chapel sa hospital halos ayaw kumanta ng mga doctors at nurses syempre karamihan may mga edad na sila minsan hirap sila mag a capella naghahabol sa mga kanta, si father lagi nag aannounce if sino mga willing or talented na choir at hanap din organista pero wala may gusto, yung iba naman gusto sweldo ang kaso hindi kakasya pambuhay ng pamilya kaya naghahanap ng ibang work, buti kahit widow yung isang mabait na doktora kahit kapa-kapa lang sya nagtyaga...hayy ang hirap naman sa sked nya madalas may clinic at mga meetings and conventions out of the country...kaya si father masaya na sa midi basta sure na alam ng congregation at nakakasabay satisfied na sya....

Comment

Important thing in working with midis is that you have practiced with it before the actual because you have no way of stopping it pag nagkamali ka sa timing.. di tulad ng isang instrumentalist.... may way na makapag-adjust..

Comment

Hi Brothers and Sisters!!,, magtatanung lang po, meron po ba kayong Site na Puro MIDI Files ng Mga Kanta nyo?? Pede po bang Mahingi ung Site??, kc po mga Keyboard ngayun ay nagreread na ng mga MIDI Files,, ehh pwede po bang mahingi ung MIDI site nyo??

-thanks
                      -Banjo East Choir 2013

Comment

Lucky for us we, our director is a very good pianist. But we do sometimes use MIDIs for Gloria, or for communion songs. It offer us the advantage to continue to serve in cases our director is absent. But most cases, we sing live.

Comment

i think yes..... kasi at least hindi na cocompromise ang misa kung walang intrumentalist

Comment

Working...
                          X