EDSA Shrine Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EDSA Shrine Matters

That's the spirit... keep on praying (don't forget that) because the evil one it doing his best to keep you away from God's service... so do your best as well.

Go BPOCC!
    I am not who you think I am because I do not pretend to be somebody.
    Do not assume that I know everything because I am a nobody - Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by mary_ann View Post
      Kudos to the three gentlemen who were with me during the last practice! (Kuya Butch, Kuya Lance and Kuya Bing)
      Thanks to Kuya Bing for playing for us...
      you're welcome ann...

Dearest Brothers and Sisters in the Music Ministry,

...if you can’t come to a practice please inform people earlier through text or post a message here at the board at least the night before a practice. ... Find the means if you really care.
      oo nga naman... tsk, tsk, tsk...

kuya butch maraming salamat sa lunch...

Comment

Abi, get well soon and hope that you'll get better po
        We have little to no culture of healthy polemics in the country, as any attempt to consider fault is taken as a personal attack. Rare are those that are able to deal with it properly. --- Alex Tioseco (1981-2009), critic

DISSENT IS LIBERATION; NO DEMOCRACY WITHOUT DISSENT
        CRITICISM IS DISCOURSE, DIALECTIC AND EDUCATION

Comment

lance salamat nga pala sa binigay mo...

Comment

Magandang Araw po BPOCC=)

I just want to say SORRY po I wasnt able to attend the practice last saturday and sorry po for not informing anyone, i really wanted to attend but I have no means to do it, paiba iba talaga ang schedule sa work... sorry po talaga, nahihiya na ako. I really want to attend the service kaya naman po I will make a way talaga, Kuya Froi at sis ko anne, aaralin ko po yung alto, promise. Last practice na po ako makakaattend, hopefully with pao.

Kuya froilan, salamat po, hope you understand.

Abby, get well soon sis ko, I'll pray for you.

Anne, salamat sis ko for your concern, tama lahat ng sinabi mo=) d bale mabubuo rin natin ang alto at lahat ng sections.

Friendship jon, tagal na natin hindi nagkita, miss na kita.

Athena, balik ka na ha...

Kuya butch, ate myrna, ate leisl, lean, gian, miss ko na kayo... sa lahat kita kita po tayo.

GOD BLESS US!
            MABUHAY BPOCC....
            "patuloy lang tayo umawit ng umawit para sa kanya."

Comment

Abi,
              Get better soon

Comment

Bros and Sis,

Thanks sa lahat. I'm better now.

Sorry if I wasn't able to attend the practice nor able to send a text message that I will not be there. I have experienced so much pain last Friday that I can't even text nor call. Froilan is the only person beside me to attend to my needs. We had plans of attending the practice but early morning I suffered from very serious abdominal pains that we decided not to go to the practice. Froilan, worried and panicking at the same time because of my situation, has managed to inform Kuya Butch about it and texted some other mems to attend the practice.

Furthermore, I think this is the first time we were not able to inform you guys right away that we can not attend, and again, only due to the situation I was in. Froilan and I are very sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you. Hoping for your understanding.

For all the mems who were able to attend, THANK YOU! For those who weren't able to, like us, hope to see ourselves on Saturday.

God bless!
                "Let the man who has not sinned cast the first stone."

Comment

Nagkasakit naman pala si Abi eh... patawarin na ninyo sila...

heheheheheh!

Seriously, please also try to understand where other people are coming from. May kanya-kanya tayong mga mundo at responsilibilidad at may dahilan ang lahat. We're all trying to serve the Lord here as best we can. But we are still human after all.

Don't be too harsh or too quick to judge. We are all volunteers here, just as I suppose we are in our respective base choirs (with a few exceptions, of course).

Ako, no excuses. Pag lumayo talaga sa Silid Leonarda ang practice, wag na ninyo ako asahan. And as it is, hirap rin ako pag Silid Leonarda ang practice dahil may mga responsibilidad rin ako sa trabaho at sa aking pamilya.

I want to say more but I'll leave it at that.

regards to all

Originally posted by royal haggardness View Post
                  Bros and Sis,

Thanks sa lahat. I'm better now.

Sorry if I wasn't able to attend the practice nor able to send a text message that I will not be there. I have experienced so much pain last Friday that I can't even text nor call. Froilan is the only person beside me to attend to my needs. We had plans of attending the practice but early morning I suffered from very serious abdominal pains that we decided not to go to the practice. Froilan, worried and panicking at the same time because of my situation, has managed to inform Kuya Butch about it and texted some other mems to attend the practice.

Furthermore, I think this is the first time we were not able to inform you guys right away that we can not attend, and again, only due to the situation I was in. Froilan and I are very sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you. Hoping for your understanding.

For all the mems who were able to attend, THANK YOU! For those who weren't able to, like us, hope to see ourselves on Saturday.

God bless!
                  http://thepunziblog.blogspot.com
                  http://attypunzi.wordpress.com
                  My Philippine Daily Inquirer article
                  http://www.pinoytechblog.com
                  Attraction in Action

Comment

It's a two-way street. Both sides should be sensitive and understanding enough.

Sa mga nagsabi na aattend ng practice, lalo na kung may hintayan schedule pala, hihintayin talaga kayo ng mga tao. Kaya importante na mag-inform kung 'di makaka-attend. Kesa naghihintay sila sa wala.

Yung mga naghintay naman, ganun talaga minsan. May emergency situations. Unawain na lamang.

Comment

"I think this is the first time we were not able to inform you guys right away that we can not attend, and again, only due to the situation I was in."

hi, i'm new here and just happened to read the thread. this quote was really funny & i cannot help myself not to react. so in advance i am sorry if my message is about to offend someone.

kung ako ang nasa lugar ng nag post ng sorry message na ito dahil sa hindi ko pag-attend o pag inform ahead of time ng aking attendance... i'd rather not say, "t'was the first time we were not able to inform..." hahaha. para mo na rin sinabi na pwede mo itong gawin on the second time and so on.

artista ka ba? presidente ka ba ng kung anong bansa?
                      hindi porket may sakit ka, hindi ka makakapag inform ahead of time ng attendance mo.
                      hindi porket may sakit ka, oras mo lang ang importante sa mga panahon na naghihintay sila kung darating ka ba o hindi.

given that you were sick that time... it won't hurt you to inform ahead of time. ano lang naman ang text? it will only take you less than 10minutes.
                      but you not informing your peers ahead of time and letting them wait for long is a pain on their a*s.

Comment

Mods i think this post is highly inappropriate, and to think na newbie ang nagpost ha tsktsk...:yuck:

I move to strike this one out po...
                        Marunong si King Kong ng sarcasm

Comment

Before anything else....

Mods, I think we might need to disallow usernames such as this (i.e. only underscores) for the sake of transparency and accountability. Although I'd like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, nagdududa ako kung sinadya ng user na ito na puro apat na underscores ang kanyang user name (is this person trying to hide his/her identity for some reason??)...to think na ganito kaagad ang tono ng first post n'ya.

I leave the decision to you.
                          We have little to no culture of healthy polemics in the country, as any attempt to consider fault is taken as a personal attack. Rare are those that are able to deal with it properly. --- Alex Tioseco (1981-2009), critic

DISSENT IS LIBERATION; NO DEMOCRACY WITHOUT DISSENT
                          CRITICISM IS DISCOURSE, DIALECTIC AND EDUCATION

Comment

Guys,

practice is at my place again, 10:00 to 3:00. Bahala na kayo sa meeting place.

If ok na keyboard sa Silid. tuloy nyo muna sa umaga para maka practice na yung ibang di makapunta sa house ko, then continue nalang at my place if ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ____ View Post
                              hi, i'm new here and just happened to read the thread. this quote was really funny & i cannot help myself not to react. so in advance i am sorry if my message is about to offend someone.
                              Hi blank,

While I do understand what you were trying to say and can certainly relate to your opinion on the matter, you really could've said it in a more diplomatic manner.

But being a frank person myself, I personally have no problems with this kind of language provided a certain condition is met:

"Aggressive" statements/language is acceptable if the person is not anonymous. If a person is aware that people know who they are, and they still choose to use that tone of discourse, it means they're strenuously trying to get their message across in earnest - and I have nothing but respect (even if I don't agree with them) for people with such testicular fortitude

I will not however, allow someone (even if nasa tama siya) to express their opinion in such a manner behind the veil of anonymity. If you think that you have the right to speak like that (baka nga mainit talaga ulo mo, etc.) I will definitely respect that. But remember that your anger is due to the fact that you expected a courtesy from them which they did not extend... and for you to be justified to say what you're saying, you should first set an example yourself and extend the courtesy of not hiding behind anonymity.

If you must know, I had my share of "issues" with BP - I never minded letting anyone know what I thought - and they damn well knew it was I who said it - regardless if it was offensive or not.

As I always say, don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk. Just something to think about.

//

I'll be giving you a week to message me so I can change your username to something concrete. Either way, ____ will be changed either by your willful volunteering of a proper username, or by deletion of the account altogether.

Cheers,
                              Carlo

Comment

Originally posted by ____ View Post
                                given that you were sick that time... it won't hurt you to inform ahead of time. ano lang naman ang text? it will only take you less than 10minutes.
                                but you not informing your peers ahead of time and letting them wait for long is a pain on their a*s.

you know what??

sa tingin ko taga-BPOCC ka rin na gumawa ng bagong account dito sa board para makapag-post ka ng ganyan...

kung may hinanakit ka sa group or to someone, say it frankly, boldly and without anonymity... pakilala ka or better gamitin mo yung tunay na account mo...

guys, just want to say that, lahat tayo may kani-kaniyang mga business at buhay... sana matuto tayong umunawa, rumespeto at maging maging mahinahon sa mga ganitong pangyayari... huwag sana tayo agad magbitaw ng mga pananalita na bagama't tama e hindi naman natin nauunawaan ng lubos yung mga dahilan.

halimbawa na lang ngayon saturday may practice, nangako ako na darating tapos sa daan naaksidente yung sinasakyan ko at critical ako. siyempre hindi naman ako kaagad makakapagsabi sa inyo di ba?

ang punto ko, alamin muna ang dahilan bago tayo magbitaw ng mga sasabihin.

alam ko last saturday hindi ako naka-attend ng rehearsal, kaya nung nabasa ko yung post ni mary_ann, siyempre tinamaan ako pero nauunawaan ko kasi ako talaga ang may non-sense na reason kung bakit ako hindi naka-attend tapos hindi ko pa na-inform yung group.

kaya lang, nagreact na ako nung nabasa ko yung post ni ____ na ang target ay si ate abi...

sana matauhan ka nga sa mga pinagsasabi mo...

basta ang alam ko...

Ang ilang katangian ng Kristiyano ay ang mapagpahinuhod, mauunawain, mapagmahal at hindi agad napo-provoke yung damdamin parang mga katangian ni Kristo.

let's all understand na ang situation ni ate abi noon ay BIGLAAN at HINDI INAASAHAN... unawain po natin iyon...

coroangelicus15
                                Last edited by nargalzius; 08.08.28, 03:53 PM. Reason: trimmed the quote (there's no reason to quote the whole message)
                                "Stabat Mater dolorosa juxta Crucem lacrimosa dum pendebat Filius"

Comment

Working...
                                X